Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

Robin Leech here reporting from the Holzshu's. OMG this place is gorgeous. Funny part is that I'm "roughing it." They only have dial-up. And this town is making Easford feel like a metropolis. There is nothing around here. But then again, why would you want to leave this house?

On Thursday Karlo and took another motorcycle ride. We drove out to Stratford Hall which is the birthplace of Robert E. Lee. This dude is a very popular here in Virginia. You can't go anywhere without hearing about Robert E. Lee. I won't give you a history lesson because I'm not sure I can bare another one. Word of caution, if you visit VA, you must be ready for lots of history lessons. And be prepared to be called a Yankee!

The house was interesting to tour and the grounds were beautiful. My favorite part was hunting for treasures at the beach on the Potomac River. Nancy showed me shark teeth that she found and I was obsessed with finding my own. I could have spent all day combing the beach for artifacts. It took hours, but we finally found some cool shark teeth of our own.


That wasn't the end of our frolicking in and near the water. On Friday we took a great boat ride right from Rick & Nancy's dock. The weather was perfect and we got a nice tour of the area from the water.


After a few gourmet meals it was getting time to say goodbye. But first we took the kayaks out for what started out to be a nice leisurely float along the river. Mac came with me to assist, seeing as this was my very first time in a solo kayak. He did great as my first mate and I was ready to make him help me paddle when we got down to the jetty and the wind was so strong I didn't think I was going to make it back. Now I can fully appreciate the greatness of a tandem kayak with a big horsepower engine in the back.

No comments: