Monday, October 27, 2008

The Pictures I Didn’t Take

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying really hard to stop myself from buying a new camera. Every now and again I get the itch for a new camera, but normally I’m able to scratch the itch and forget about it. This time it’s persisting and I can’t seem to shake it. But then I have a weekend like this past weekend and I realize that I probably don’t deserve a new camera. Here let me tell you all about the pictures that I didn’t take . . .

Friday night Karlo and I got dressed up in the closest outfits we could to looking like we were in the 50s era. It took me a long time to convince Karlo he should wear rolled up jeans, white socks, and a t-shirt instead of a little wrestling outfit. He was convinced he should dress like he did in the 50s. I should have let him do it (since it was close enough to Halloween). We went to a sock hop and danced the night away. No pictures to show for it.

On Saturday evening JoAnne and her family came over for a visit. We managed to squeak in about 30 minutes of bonfire before the weather got crazy. The kids were so cute sitting with their Daddy on a big rock with the glow of the fire in their faces. But my camera was all the way in the house . . .

Then yesterday we took a gorgeous hike with Peanut. (The scenario of us trying to get Peanut out of the house without Bentley knowing is a story all unto itself, but for another time.) We went to this same spot with friends last weekend and when I realized how awesome the high overlook was I wanted to go back this weekend to take pictures. The leaves still had enough color to make the miles and miles of distant views terrific. So we hiked up there and guess what? I forgot my camera. Sigh.

I did manage to take one silly picture this weekend, but I forgot my camera at home today. I’m really not getting off to a good start this week. I’m going to have to leave you in suspense as to what that photo is all about. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we want to go on a hike w/the kids,
so where is the trail?

Unknown said...

Who wants to go for a group hike next weekend? Anybody????