Thursday, October 23, 2008

Too Much Pressure

I missed posting a blog entry yesterday and today I got reminded of it. I very rarely have nothing to say and I’m not even sure how yesterday slipped by without me writing. Oh wait, I remember. I spent half the day cleaning my office because I was sick of feeling like I’m going to keel over and die every afternoon. I didn’t think anybody wanted to hear about how dirty my office was or how I didn’t feel good.

Today I was all set to write about our big exciting night last night. I even took pictures. Don’t get too excited. Our excitement is sure to put all my readers to sleep. But now I can’t even tell you about it. Seems Lisa has different ideas for what I should blog about today. So much pressure . . .

Not sure if anybody reads Lisa’s blog but she suggested that her blogging friends make a list of their 10 favorite web sites. I didn’t actually visit any of her links (I will some day . . . maybe) and I’m sure nobody will believe this, but I can’t even come close to picking 10 favorite sites.

Off the top of my head I came up with . . . exactly nothing. I had to go and visit my own bookmarks to see if maybe I bookmarked a site that I liked (at one time) and intended to revisit (and never did). Lisa made me realize today that, although I’m online all the time, I almost never aimlessly wander. I only regularly read blogs of people I know (sadly, that includes two) and 90% of the time I’m online I’m checking emails, updating my own blogs, processing orders, buying something, or researching something. I visit no sites on a regular basis and the only blog in my Google reader other than Lisa’s blog and my cousin Jamie’s blog is one that only a graphic designer would enjoy. It’s called Smashing Magazine. Here, see for yourself: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/

The only place I visit to waste time is Facebook and this has become a new thing for me. I used to visit once every other month to check-in on my step-daughter Jessica. I like dropping in on her life and seeing her pictures. I recently got into the habit of checking every day and trying to keep in touch with some friends that I wouldn’t otherwise ever talk to.

I never Twittered (is that the proper term?) and don’t see me getting there any time soon. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I lead an incredibly boring cyber life. Just keeping up with my 3 email accounts, my own 4 blogs, Karlo’s blog, and two web sites is almost more than I can handle. But one of these days I’m gonna check out Lisa’s links.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

OK, first off, this wasn't a homework assignment to complete immediately. It was for when you can't think of something to say! Only you would take a helpful hint for a blog topic and turn it into STRESS?? You're silly.

And secondly, "Not sure if anyone reads Lisa's blog...? What am I boring?

And thirdly, you're just not thinking the right way. You visit shopping blogs I don't. You've told me about Overstock and others. You use travel websites and you know about yoga websites I've never heard of. Just because you don't read blogs doesn't mean you don't have interesting websites to mention.

And now I can't wait till tomorrow to see and read about your exciting night! Or does it stress you out to know that I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post?