Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're back. We took off at noon on Saturday and drove 11.5 hours straight home. As Karlo pointed out, my 'driving tolerance' has greatly improved and I was perfectly content for the first 6 or 7 hours. The final stretch through New York and Connecticut got a little unbearable. Even the poor car was getting tired and struggling to pull the trailer up the big hills. Needless to say, we were thrilled to see our driveway.

I'm still marveling at how much I enjoyed a vacation that I put zero thought into and really wasn't all that excited about going on. I am truly in love with VA and there is no doubt that we are strongly considering it as our 'early retirement' spot. I can't wait to go back and explore more of it.

Our visit with Rick & Nancy was simply delightful and we enjoyed every minute of it. The house was everything I expected it to be and more. We really lived it up and got completely spoiled. Rick is a gourmet chef and Nancy is not far behind. Although they both were way too trusting of my kitchen abilities. I didn't screw too many things up and we had a grand feast every night that included special "PPTS" drinks. They tried to liquor me up to help me sleep so that stands for "Put Paula To Sleep" drinks. Not exactly sure why I couldn't sleep. Maybe I just didn't want to miss a minute in that house. Thanks so much Rick & Nancy for your hospitality.

The final pictures from our trip can be found here.

No comments: