Monday, October 20, 2008

A Dangerous Weekend

The first thing that caused potential danger was my new kitchen gadget. I’m still not sure what came over me when I decided that I must have a Belgian waffle-maker. Anybody want to place a wager whether or not I ever actually use it? I had all good intentions of making some waffles on Sunday, but I didn’t have all the ingredients. Oh well. I tried. Just washing it caused enough grief – a flood on the counter and soaking wet pajamas. No doubt this kitchen danger will leave me frustrated, stressed, and disappointed. Perhaps someday we’ll have waffles for dinner so I can sip a martini during the cooking process.

The other dangers of the day happened outside. Karlo spent all of Sunday breaking ledge with a sledgehammer, digging holes, cutting wood, and mixing and pouring concrete. Gee, I’m sorry I missed out on all that fun. Luckily he didn’t get hurt. He’s sore, mind you, but at least he still has all his limbs. There is still a question of the real cause of his soreness: moving the woodstove all by himself, digging through 12 inches of solid rock ledge, or simply his old age. I guess we’ll never know.

And what is it exactly that Karlo is working on? Stay tuned for more info on that in the future.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

You are a special kind of kitchen-phobic person to be stressed out by the thought of making waffles.

Buy a box of Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mix - then you only need to add water and stir. If you want to get fancy, buy Bisquick, but then you need eggs and milk and I know, three ingredients = major stress.

Also, don't wash it. The waffle maker. Just wipe it out with a damp paper towel after you use it to clean off any stuck-on batter. It will make it more non-stick and less prone to rust. Plus, no wet PJs.

I think Karlo is building you a crazy shack. A place to put you when you have a meltdown after making breakfast.

Anonymous said...

WOW Karlo that is going to be a
hugh water feature. am i even close
to what it will really be in the
end?