Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paula For President

I tried really hard to refrain for blogging about politics today. I don’t ever talk about politics. Just the word (or thought of the word) normally makes me break out into hives. But how can you avoid the subject these days? I can’t escape from the nonsense.

Last night I did something that I don’t normally do. I subjected myself to the circus that was playing on all the major networks. I’m almost sure that I never actually watched a presidential debate. Well, I might have sat in front of the TV in the past, but never really paid attention. And now I remember why. I hate it with every fiber in my being.

I feel as though my intelligence was truly insulted. How can anybody watch that nonsense and get anything out of it? I kept turning to Karlo and asking, “What was the question again?” It seemed to be a rare occasion that the candidates actually answered the questions. All the like to do is backstab and attack each other. It makes me sick. Karlo called the whole thing WWF in suits. Too bad they couldn’t actually hurt each other because that would make it more enjoyable to watch.

How can we gain any insight into the candidates with this form of debate? No matter what the question, the answer was a series of attacks against the other. And did you notice that the second candidate to answer the question always had to attack the first candidate’s answer? It was a joke. Now if it were up to me, I would either put both candidates into a sound proof booth or I would put them into separate rooms. Put each of them on the hot seat in front of American citizens with hard-hitting questions and let them answer as honestly as they can without knowledge or concern what the other is saying. No attacks against the other. No grandstanding against the other’s answer. Just answer the stinkin’ questions with your own true thoughts and ideas.

Maybe I should just run for President myself.

No comments: