Friday, October 24, 2008

Completely Random Thoughts

Two things happened last night. One, I remembered a web site that I could share. I rarely use it anymore, but when I first discovered it I thought it was the greatest invention of all cyber time. The web site is called Pandora Radio http://pandora.com/ and it’s a free service (you have to sign-up to use it) that allows you to select your favorite artist or group and it builds a completely commercial-free radio station based on music similar to the artist that you selected. So for instance, let’s say your favorite artist is Sting. Based on that musical taste, the station manages to pick all sorts of music that you will love. And it really works. I was astonished. It’s eerie how it just ‘knows’ all your other favorite music based on one artist pick. Give it a try.

Two, I discovered another web site (sort of) that I can share. On any give day I get about six catalogs in the mail. Normally I throw just about all of them away without even looking at them, but last night one new one caught my eye. It called to me so strongly I couldn’t resist it. I think I’m in love. They should just rename the catalog from Athleta to “PaulasWear.” Every thing on every page looks like it was custom made just for me. If I designed my own line of clothing, this would be it. Bummer that I don’t think a single reader shares my affection for this type of high-tech clothing (Tina is going to laugh), but I thought I would share anyway. They have a site www.athleta.com and thankfully they also have a ‘sale’ page. The stuff is gorgeous, but expensive. Maybe Santa will mail order instead of driving to EMS.


And my story from two nights ago that Lisa is so anxious to hear all about. I decided it’s too boring to share. Maybe some other time . . .

No comments: