Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bring It On

I am now ready for winter. After spending hours in my closet last night making the twice yearly season swap, I cleared out the sandals and short-sleeved shirts and brought in the turtlenecks and boots. As much as I hate to see the warm weather disappear something about bringing out the cozy clothes excites me. I really do think I would get bored in a climate that never changed. Not to mention I just adore sweaters in general.

I also love the opportunity to reorganize twice a year. Nancy inspired me last week. She had all her clothes arranged by color. I was all set to follow her lead and steal her idea. But after just a few minutes of grouping my clothes by color I realized that it made better sense to group by type. After all, turtlenecks deserved their very own section. I was genuinely enjoying this task. Maybe only Lisa will understand as she suffers from the same organization affliction. For instance, she can related to the fact that I would rather spend an evening organizing my beads rather than actually beading and making jewelry.

So this afternoon I'm off to the consignment shop. I have the entire back of the Mini filled with sweaters. I know what you're thinking, "How many sweaters is that, 6?" You would be amazed how much stuff fits back there. Once the store decides what they want to take I'll have lots of free sweaters to share. Anybody want any?

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I will take three sweaters right now! Two for me feet and one for my shoulders. The a/c is on full blast in here and no one seems to be able to fix it. Brrrrr!!!!