Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Bit Embarrassing

Wow, the days since Christmas have been flying. I’ve been trying hard to stay away from the computer as much as possible and I’ve been doing a pretty darn good job. Of course it’s been kind of easy because I’ve been distracted by my very dusty scrapbooking station and my newest toy. I’m at least 2 or 3 years behind on scrapbooking and fear I’ll never catch up. I think my only hope at catching up involves not travelling for the next couple of years and/or losing my camera. Gasp, the mere thought of either one makes me shiver.

So I’ve spent the last few days making a few scrapbook spreads and working on next year’s New Year’s resolution. Forget dieting and/or exercising. Every year I swear that I’ll drink more water and take my vitamins. Blah, blah, blah . . . it’s a waste of breath. I never keep those promises. But this year will be different. This year our New Year’s resolution is to have more fun! And we are committed. So committed, in fact, that we traded my ridiculously expensive Christmas earrings in for a Wii console and some games. And what fun we’ve been having with them. So much fun, in fact, that my entire back has been sore for two days. How embarrassing is that? I can’t even believe that I’m admitting this fact. Not to mention the Wii Fit says that I’m 7 years older than I really am. Not sure what can be more depressing that that. But at least I have a goal to work for. Lord knows I need one seeing as the Wii Fit insists that I’m underweight and demands that I use the game to GAIN wait. Hello, can’t I just sit on the couch and eat Oreos to achieve that goal? How ridiculous. So my goal is to at least get my age down to where it belongs, if not score younger than I really am. Oh yeah, and of course we must achieve our goal of making 2010 a FUN year!

No comments: