Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's the Most Dreaded Time of the Year


You were supposed to sing that title. I know it doesn't have the right amount of syllables to sound like the real song, but you get the picture. I am seriously growing to hate, loathe and despise the entire month of December. I find myself looking at the calendar and just wishing the month would come to end as quick as possible. I don't think there will ever be a point at which I can turn around and enjoy the holiday season. I am married to the Grinch and everything has become a burden instead of a joy. I am over-worked, over-stressed, and all-around not too happy. Going away for a week in the middle of the chaos sure doesn't help any. I do have to say, it was easier than last year (thanks mostly to the fact that I now pay somebody else to do most of the dirty work), but it is still too much for me to handle. Yesterday I took the day off from my real job and I worked non-stop for 16 hours. I didn't even eat lunch and only took 5 minutes to scarf down leftover pasta that Karlo heated up. I never even had time to unzip my suitcase, let alone unpack it.

And to make matters worse, my throat and head are killing me. Because what could make this dreaded month even more fun than getting a cold? There isn't enough egg nog, holiday music, nor Snoopy specials in the world to save me this year. I want it over.

No comments: