Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snowfall of the Season

OK so technically the first snowfall came in October. But we were on a beach in Spain so that one doesn't really count. What a thrill it was to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning. Lord knows I needed it to improve my holiday spirit. I'm not sure that it helped in that aspect, but I sure did have fun walking around it in today. And a really nice visit from Tina and her girls helped my spirits so, all in all, it was a great day. We took our first hike nice and early, before the sun fully rose over the tree tops. The lighting was perfect for picture taking.

Too bad those North Face gloves that I raved about weren't perfect too. I totally sacrificed my fingers and will more than likely pay the price for the nice photos I got.

Unfortunately, I learned my lesson and kept the camera in the house for our second hike of the day. Tina and the girls joined Karlo and I for another gorgeous walk in the woods. With my hands in my pockets, I could have done that all day.

On the gallery note, it was another very slow day with only one paying customer. After Tina left I realized that our driveway alarm was not working. Ooops. I wonder if I missed any customers while we were cozying up in the house. Aaaah, who cares? It was worth it. Karlo fixed the alarm and luckily I did run outside in time to greet our customer.

If you would like to see more pictures from our walk in the woods, please click here.

No comments: