Thursday, December 3, 2009

I’m So Hungry

I feel like Karlo! This is terrible. I can’t imagine going around every minute of every day feeling hungry like he (claims that he) does. Most of this week I’ve been hungry which is very out of character for me. I eat lots, but still I don’t feel full. I catch myself watching the clock and looking forward to my next meal. I’ve been stealing snacks all day long, but they don’t seem to make a dent in my appetite. In trying to figure out what is wrong with me (is it a tapeworm?) I chatted with Karlo and we came to the conclusion that it must be from my recent weight lifting sessions that we started back up this week. This is so typical for me. If I don’t work out at all, I eat very little. But the minute I start exercising, I double my food intake. You should see what I can eat after long distance bike rides. It is truly impressive. Karlo explained that I tore my muscle tissues apart and my body is working overtime to repair them. Based on the amount of pain in my biceps at this moment, I believe this theory. If exercising doubles my food intake, it would seem to be a whole lot easier to maintain my weight by simply NOT exercising, right? Uuugh.

In discussing this theory with Karlo further he explained that lifting weights definitely causes a greater appetite. Here were his words exactly, “For sure weight lifting makes you hungry. I started lifting weights when I was 16 and I’ve been hungry ever since!”

So my newest training program is going to be lying on the couch.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I like it! I've been on that plan for years and I'm quite happy with it.