Monday, December 7, 2009

Dogless In Eastford

What a lonely night it was last night. It is so strange to have such an empty house. Even though our dogs sleep motionless all evening it’s just nice to look over and watch them. Funny how much companionship they provide just laying there. I could tell that Karlo really missed the hounds because during every commercial he got up and jumped on me (instead of them). I took all kinds of abuse and really wished I had the dogs home to ease some of the hugging and squishing that I had to endure all night. And what really amazed me is how intensely sad I became missing Bentley. I guess having the other guys around gets my mind off of how much I miss him. But when the house was empty it was Bentley that I missed the most. OK, tears coming again . . . must stop.

On a brighter note, both of our hounds will be living it up this week. Peanut is staying with Auntie Lisa and will, no doubt, be spoiled. Cooper scored himself a get out of jail card and will be spending the week with Auntie Jean (instead of the kennel). You are not even going to believe this, but just look what he did yesterday during his big outing with her:

I just had to post that picture so I can sneak onto my blog from Florida this week. I’ll need that picture to put me into the holiday spirit. Just when the snow fell and it started to feel like Christmas, we have to fly to Orlando . . .

No comments: