Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tile Project Underway

Karlo took a sick day today and I stayed home due to the super dangerous DUSTING of snow that we got. I swear this is the last time we are going to trust a weatherman. But the good news is that the day was well spent. Karlo got a jump on the tile project that we planned to start this weekend. You know Karlo, if materials are in the house he can not sit still until the project is underway. So here are some scenes from our bathroom throughout the day.



I know it looks like Karlo got ridiculously lucky with the sizing of the tiles and the placement of the outlets, but nothing is ever that simple. The reality is that he had to cut the wall and move both outlets so they perfectly lined up with the tile pattern. And how convenient that the tiles were nearly the same size as the outlet openings. These glass tiles are very cool, but I could not imagine how one would ever cut them. I guess we did luck out a little. And as you can see we cheated (or cheaped) a little and opted to not put tiles behind where the mirror will go. Nobody will ever know. Ooops, wait a minute. I just told the world. OK, scratch that part.

This weekend will be all about grouting. That should be fun - not. But it will be worth it in the end. I just can't wait to have my mirror back!

1 comment:

tina said...

very cool