Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ba Humbug

I just wrote to Lisa today to tell her that I haven’t started my Christmas shopping yet and I really don’t see me getting any Christmas spirit this year. As usual, I’m too busy and too overwhelmed with all the things going on in my life to really enjoy the holiday. I think maybe she was trying to help me with the lack of spirit when she suggested this week’s Top 5 List. I am supposed to list my top 5 favorite Christmas movies and this is embarrassing, but I couldn’t even come up with five. Sure I could just copy Lisa’s list, but I truly don’t even know the difference between Miracle on 34th Street and A Wonderful Life. I can just see Lisa cringing. I’m not even sure if those are the correct titles! I think I might have seen one of those two movies before, but I can’t remember. And if I did see one, I was forced into it. Unlike Lisa, I have no appreciation for old movies. I’m not sure exactly what turns me off, but I just don’t like them.

There is only one Christmas show that I can honestly say that I LOVE and NEVER miss, and that is the Charlie Brown Christmas. I torture Karlo with that one every year. I can’t get enough of the sound track and just about memorized all the words of the show.

Other than that, I have been known to watch and enjoy Rudolf and The Year Without Santa. Is that the one with the Heat Miser and Cold Miser?

So my list includes 3 shows, not even movies. I guess I need Christmas movie counseling. Perhaps I should make an effort to watch some of the 25 Days of Christmas programs on cable TV. Lisa, you will have to coach me on what to watch, but nothing black and white, please. My goal is to have five favorites from next year!

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

I was going to recommend some good ones to watch and then you said - gasp - no black and white!! Blasphemy! Miracle on 34th Street (the original) is in b&w, as is It's a Wonderful Life! Those are the best.

You need to give b&w another try. Although, I know that you would never, in a million years, sit through It's a Wonderful Life, as it is very long. Maybe if you were strapped to the couch with Christmas ribbon?

Karlo said...

Miracle on 34th Street is the best, Brazil is second.

Unknown said...

Now Brazil is a Christmas movie???