Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Feel Much Better Now

Maybe not physically, but I mentally feel better. You see, over a week ago Karlo and I went out dancing. We had a grand ole time dancing the night away, but when I woke up the next morning it quickly became apparent that something was wrong. When I took a deep breath, tried to yawn, or heaven forbid, sit up in bed I got a deep stabbing pain under my ribs in my upper chest. I told Karlo that if the pain was on the other side (my left side) I would be convinced I was having a heart attack. What on earth happened to me while sleeping?

Later that day, after realizing that just about everything hurt me, I decided that I must have pulled a muscle dancing! I never mentioned it earlier because how embarrassing it THAT? I pulled a muscle . . . dancing? Just a few months ago I was in the best, strongest shape of my life and here I am sore for 10 days (and not improving at all) from what I thought was dancing. I couldn’t bare the mental anguish. Yesterday I drove Karlo's car (VW) to get some groceries. Putting the car in reverse was almost impossible and took everything I had to use both hands to push the stick shift down. Lifting the groceries nearly brought tears to my eyes. I was ready to slip into depression.

But last night, while at dance class, I realized that lifting my right arm up and down to do the swing moves wasn’t hurting me. Seems if that was the thing that hurt me in the first place, it should hurt to do those same moves. That was when it hit me. I suddenly remembered our night of dancing. Karlo got a little excited and decided to flip me a couple of times. It’s been a long time since I got flipped and wasn’t prepared for it. Thinking back on it, Karlo does remember that my second flip didn’t go as planned and now he thinks that he most likely cracked one of my ribs. OK, this is making much more sense now. I feel much better knowing that Karlo BROKE me rather than I’m just too old and out-of-shape to dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both you and Karlo need to get over your oversion to doctors... If you were feeling that bad for that long you should have seen a doctor. You probably still should. If you really have a cracked rib you could puncture a lung and then you will really be "Hurting" and not breathing too well either.