Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Stories

I was hoping for a blog assignment from Lisa today because, despite the fact that the weekend just ended, I didn’t have a story lined up for today. Not sure how that happened. I guess I just don’t have much time to think these days. I did have a nice weekend and now that I think about it, I guess I do have some stories.

Friday night was a fun night. Karlo and I went to rescue Sue and Dan from their broken pocket door. Karlo saved the day, as he always does, with his handyman skills. To thank us, Dan treated us to a very nice dinner at the Marlborough Tavern. That was my first time there and it was great. The only downfall of the night was all the laughing. It still hurts for me to laugh, cough, sneeze, or breathe deeply and being around Sue was definitely hazardous to my health. The best part of this story is that, after hearing how I injured myself, Sue was all for a flipping demonstration. I stood in the parking lot, clutching my sore ribs, as Sue got her first (and probably last) flip from Karlo. She is a brave girl.

My Saturday night story is a disaster and writing it will probably just upset me. In a nutshell, we drove down to Mohegan Sun to meet a different Sue to see Tower of Power perform. I got all gussied up and was excited to see the show. However, things didn’t go as planned. That place was a total nut house. We drove around the parking garage a dozen times before we finally headed all the way up to the roof in search of a parking spot. Somehow we took one wrong turn and ended up instantly on the highway with almost no way of getting back. The only way back was to make a U-turn and apparently we were not the only ones that made this mistake. There must have been 100 other poor saps in line waiting to turn. With the amount of patience we have it took us less than 2 seconds to decide we were ditching the whole thing and driving all the way back home. A total bust of a night.

No comments: