Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Top 5 Favorite Magazines

This week Lisa suggested a Top 5 Magazine list. I think I can handle this one. Not sure I can rank them in order because I love them all equally. Here they are:
  1. Yoga Journal – When I originally subscribed to this magazine it was more for research purposes. I thought I could use some material for my YogaDudes website and blog. But lately my love for yoga has grown and now I savor every article and explore every ad. It always offers something uplifting.
  2. Body & Soul – This is just an all around feel good magazine. I love that it always talks about ways to live a better, healthy, and more fulfilled life. I’m always interested in the products they showcase and the tips they offer.
  3. National Geographic Adventure – Made for Paula & Karlo, this is really our printed Bucket List in magazine form. I love opening the pages to all kinds of wild adventures and wonder what we will do next.
  4. National Geographic Traveler – Another great source for Bucket List ideas. Not only do I love to read about places to travel to, but I truly appreciate the awesome photography that nobody does like National Geographic. I savor every page.
  5. Outside – This is our very dangerous ‘gotta have this cool new gear’ magazine. Not only do we need ideas of where to travel and what to do, but we also need to keep on top of all the cool things that go along with adventure sports.
  6. And just to add an additional one that will surprise you . . . just because Karlo and I were just talking about this over the weekend and laughing at the fact that I love to read his Popular Mechanics magazines. I really think I should have been born a boy!
Isn’t it amazing how much you can tell about a person by their list of favorite magazines? And the best part of subscribing to all these magazines is the cool “Happiness Collages” that result from them. I recently got back to making one collage for every magazine that I get every month. This is the best, most relaxing, most uplifting thing that I do for myself. One of these days I’ll scan some of my favorites and share.

No comments: