Thursday, November 6, 2008

Santa Came Early


And I'm thrilled with what he brought! This purchase was way overdue and now that I've had it for nearly 20 hours I don't know how I lived without it. Lisa has been complaining for years that our house was way too quiet. And she was right. We never have music playing. We don't even play music in the car! Every time I put the radio on, Karlo shuts it off. I just got so used to sitting in the quiet that I never noticed the deafening silence surrounding me.

But NOW . . . wow! Now I have music filling the house and and it's so incredibly nice. Last year I bought a system that steams music from my computer to our surround sound, but that was just too much work. After all, I had to turn the computer on AND turn on the surround sound speakers. You can see how that took way too much time! After winning the free iTouch (and never really using it) I realized that it's a pain to charge it. Every time I plug the darn thing into a computer it wants to sync itself and I hate that. Precisely why I've avoided Apple all these years. Anyway, I started researching speakers with a cradle, mostly just as an easy means of charging the iTouch (for my couch surfing).

After wasting hours researching all my options online I decided to drive to a 'real' store – what a concept. It took me less then 1 second to realize that when it comes to speakers you get what you pay for and nothing compared to the Bose. An easy decision to make.

I set it up last night, (plugged it in), set the iTouch in it, and felt like I went to Heaven. I got so excited and inspired hearing all the Police tunes that it made me pick up the bass, after not touching it since last January. The good news is that I actually remembered how to play. The bad news is that the darn thing is so heavy and the weight of it on my hurt rib was unreal. I'm more sore today from my bass playing last night, but it was worth it. I love my Bose and I realize now how much I've missed music.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Yay! Congratulations on your new toy. And your new house full of music.