Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Unexpected Grateful List

Yesterday I asked Lisa if she was going to suggest a ‘list’ for us to blog about. She said she couldn’t come up with anything other than a list of Things to be Grateful For and she thought that was a cop out. I guess she was right. I mean everybody is essentially grateful for the same things . . . We are grateful for our good health, the roofs over our heads, our family & friends, the jobs that pay our bills . . . . boring. So I decided to come up with a list of some unexpected things that I’m grateful for.
  1. I’m grateful that I’m never expected to pick up dog poo.
  2. I’m grateful that Karlo watches Charlie Brown specials with me.
  3. I’m grateful that Karlo only bruised my rib and didn’t break my back.
  4. I’m grateful that our doggies love me more.
  5. I’m grateful that Karlo agrees that popcorn and ice cream is a perfectly acceptable dinner.
  6. I’m grateful that my artificial Christmas tree doesn’t make me break out into hives (like real trees do).
  7. I’m grateful that Karlo will watch What Not To Wear with me and then pretend that he’s Clinton when we are shopping.
  8. I’m grateful that Karlo dances with me despite the fact that he has to wear ‘gay’ shoes.
  9. I’m grateful that the FedEx and UPS guys know where Eastford is.
  10. And mostly, I’m grateful that my family doesn’t expect me to cook a turkey. In fact, they would probably be more terrified to eat it than I am to attempt to cook it.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

michelled said...

Fun! If I have time today I'll make one of these lists!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

PS - Karlo sounds like a catch! :>