Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Horrifying Inaugural Ball

Yesterday was the scariest inauguration I ever witnessed. OK, technically it was the only inauguration I ever witnessed, but the scars will remain with me for a long time. The early part of the day was great. I watched Obama take his presidential ‘ooff” and give his excellent speech. It left me, and most of the others crammed into our kitchen at work, with a warm sense of camaraderie and hope that maybe, just maybe, things will change for the better. The day was starting off great.

But later in the evening things took a turn for the worse. We were watching snippets of the Inaugural Ball on TV, mostly trying to see if we could catch a glimpse of Regina and Al. I just assumed they would be there rubbing elbows with the movie stars. Then suddenly to my horror, this is what I see . . .



What on earth is Sting thinking? He looked dreadful and I was completely disgusted. I almost couldn’t sleep last night. How could this happen? And how scary is it that after watching Gran Torino this past weekend I’ve come the shocking conclusion that Clint Eastwood now looks sexier than Sting! I hope Regina was indeed at the ball last night and I hope he ran into Sting and told him that I would NOT approve of his new look.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Horrifying! I saw this http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go_fug_yourself/2009/01/golden_globes_terror_watch_car.html last week and wanted to send it to you, but then again I didn't want to ruin your day with that terrible image. Sting! What are you thinking??

Anonymous said...

i saw the coverage of the golden
globes about 2wks ago and was
mortified when i saw sting.
i immediately thought i was going
to hear you screaming from your
home. i hope he gives up the dye
job soon!!

Unknown said...

Lisa, you were right. That would have ruined my day. In fact, it might ruin my lunch today. I'm going to have to go find some old pictures of him to offset what I just saw.