Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Photography Goals

Last night on Facebook I listed my status as “at a loss for a blog topic.” It is very unusual for me to be topic-less as I never seem to run out of stories to tell. Some Facebook buddies tried to help me out with topic suggestions, one of which was “My Photography Goals for 2009.” So here goes . . .

My biggest goal is to actually press the shutter release button on my new Nikon D60. I’ve fondled and caressed it for hours. I’ve studied most of the users manual and even watched a very cool DVD that Karlo bought me, but would you believe I haven’t actually taken a picture yet? I know it sounds up surd and it truly is. But I feel as though I’m a DSLR virgin and I want the first time to be special. I just can’t bring myself to snapping a picture of the wall. I’m really not an ‘indoor’ photographer. That may be because I’ve never owned a digital camera that can take nice photos indoors. I am definitely much more of an outdoor, nature, landscape, travel photographer and let’s see . . . I haven’t traveled since I got the camera, there isn’t much nature to capture right now, and it’s nearly impossible for me to be outdoors without mittens on.

My cold weather skin affliction is not going away anytime soon so it looks like my only real choice is to suck it up and become an ‘indoor’ photographer this winter. I am going to make it a priority to TAKE A PICTURE this weekend and christen my new baby. My photo blog has been grossly neglected (but I’m still blaming my cousin for that one) and it’s time that I gave it some attention. I need to start focusing on simple objects instead of beautiful landscapes. That sounds much more challenging and might be kind of fun. I would also like to eventually have a portfolio site one of these days. Not sure I’m making it a ‘goal,’ but more of a dream.

No comments: