Friday, January 16, 2009

On My Way

After one of my longest spells of not working out I decided it’s time to get moving again. My rib injury at the end of October put me out of commission for all of November. I finally started to feel better in December, but that was a whirlwind work frenzy that I barely survived. Now it’s a new year and the perfect time to get back into a routine.

Today marks the end of my first week of P90X. That’s right, I’m going through the torture all over again. I’ve been studying my yoga textbooks (in preparation for my teaching certificate) and I learned that the human body starts to decay after the age of 35. Isn’t that a pleasant thought? Good grief. Just the thought of it makes me ill and I decided it’s time to stop reading and start doing.

As if P90X is not enough, I’m doing an extra work out at lunch time. I’m just lovin’ the streaming Netflix workouts right in my office. Just about every day this week I completed two workouts and I can’t believe how great I feel already. It’s incredible how quickly I fall back into the fitness addiction. I went from not doing a darn thing for 3 months and not seeming to care about it, to true guilt if I don’t exercise twice a day. Most of my body parts are sore and that actually makes me very happy. I love to be sore because it’s physical proof that I worked hard.

So I’m on my way to getting back in shape. Unfortunately I’m also on my way to losing the use of my right hand. This cold weather is not helping and my ‘dots’ are getting worse. As long as they stay off the fingertips so I can still type I’ll be happy.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Please! "Back on your way to getting in shape"? When in your life have you ever been out of shape??

Try the Crunch Cardio Dance Party from Netflix if you haven't yet. That's the one I was attempting when I almost took out the Christmas tree. I am so uncoordinated, it's pathetic. But it was fun.