Monday, January 12, 2009

We Didn’t Really Need a New Phone


But this cute red cordless phone was sitting by the checkout aisle at Job Lots and I couldn’t resist. That is precisely the problem with Job Lots–you come home with all sorts of things that you don’t really need and end up spending more money than if you went to a regular store and paid full price for just the items you needed.

But at any rate, I love our new phone and I’m glad we bought it. It’s small, shiny and cute and fits nicely on the counter. The best part is that is has caller ID and this amazing magic “Google 411” button that gives you free directory assistance. You just press the button and an automated robot asks you questions. All you have to do is answer his questions and he instantly gets you the information you need. You don’t have to wait for a rude operator to answer the phone and ask you for the correct spelling. I tested it out and was amazed. I asked for a business name and it not only gave me the phone number, but also the address. It even gave me the option of connecting me directly to the number. And it’s all free. You got to love Google.

No comments: