Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ta Da

I finally took my very first picture with my new DSLR. I wanted it to be special and here it is . . .

Now, I'll never forget my first picture! After getting over the thrill of pushing the shutter release for the first time I opened the flood gates. I ran around the house taking pictures of everything. I will share some of those with you soon. All this clicking of pictures around the house sparked a blog topic. I decided to pick out my favorite part of every room . . .

Master Bedroom - My favorite part of the master bedroom (besides the obvious dreamy and comfy bed) is my full length mirror. I always wanted a full length mirror to dress in front of and this one does double duty. The entire mirror opens up to reveal a jewelry cabinet. Heaven.


Master Bathroom – Nancy will flip because I’m not picking the big whirlpool tub. Yes, it is beautiful, but the truth is I’ve yet to get into it, aside from cleaning it. My favorite part of the bathroom is my vanity table. I feel like such a ‘girl’ sitting there primping . . . usually getting ready to ride a motorcycle, hike, kayak or go play in the dirt. How ironic.

Craft Room - I love everything about my ‘craft’ room but the books are my favorite.

Guest Bedroom - Everyone will think I’m nuts for this one, but I just love the fact that we have a pull-up bar installed without having to install any hardware or damage any woodwork. One hidden perk of a post a beam house.

Guest bathroom – My favorite part of the guest bathroom is the delicious color of the walls. Yes, they are purple!
Useless Wasted Space – I know this isn’t really a room, but since we have an awful lot of it I decided to pick my favorite part. I love to curl up like a cat in this cozy chair in the late afternoons when the setting sun is beaming through the window. I bring a book, but usually don’t last more than 15 minutes before I fall asleep.

Half Bathroom – This sink was the inspiration for the whole bathroom. Never dreamed I would paint the walls a bold blue, but it seems to work. Love, love, love this sink.

Office – My scrapbook table is my favorite part of the office. I couldn't really take a picture of it because it’s always a mess, but I love this little corner of my office. It’s my little piece of scrapbook heaven. I especially love this IKEA wall storage contraption.

Dining room – Karlo is still not happy about this, but my Snoopy plate brings me joy and for the rest of the winter it will be proudly on display in our dining room cabinet.

Sitting Room - Normally my favorite part of this room are the wooden ducks sitting on my simulated 'water.' Impossible to explain and unfortunately to show. The table is now home to a jigsaw puzzle. But it didn't take me long to pick a new favorite. No explanation necessary.


Pool Table Room - This one is just too obvious!

Laundry Room - You would think my favorite part would be the new washer and drier, or the drying rack that I made Karlo drive me all the way to New Haven to buy . . . but my favorite part is this piece of artwork that Lisa made.

Foyer – I can’t possible include a list of all my favorite parts of the house and not include my awesome fish tank. I’m going to call the foyer a room just so I can add my tank that hangs on the wall.

Kitchen - This is a tough one. Do I have a favorite part of the kitchen? Don't be ridiculous. Of course not. I love my kitchen, but nothing stands out as my favorite. Oh wait, the wood stove is technically in the kitchen! That’s my favorite thing in the entire house.

After taking all these (mostly boring) pictures I experimented with the camera for a while. I will be uploading some of those experimental pics later today and I'll share the link real soon.

2 comments:

michelled said...

Nice job!!! Doesn't it feel good to just start?? It happened for me yesterday...started with my 10-minute trainers. Ouch.

Unknown said...

Starting is sometimes the hard part. Once you get going . . . there's no stopping you. Congrats on the 10 Minute Trainer. I can't wait to hear more.