Sunday, June 21, 2009

Family Time

This weekend went by way too fast. I feel as though Saturday was too short. We tried to cram in as many activities as possible, which always makes the day fly by even faster. But today was a special day. It's not often that I get to see my family, even some extended family, all together. This is normally only reserved for Christmas, but today we celebrated a bit of a Christmas in June. Not only was Father's Day a cause for celebration, but it was also time to officially christen the new house in Haddam. After years of planning and building, we were finally able to get together and enjoy the place. Sometimes I still have a hard time believing this house really exists. For as long as I can remember my father has been dreaming about it and talking about it. His dream is finally a reality and what better way to spend a Father's Day for him.

My brother and Penni cooked up a mean surf and turf dinner and we had a feast. The weather even cooperated and we got to spend some time outside. I batted around a volleyball with my niece Nicole (who is in 7th grade and is offically taller than me) and she is really good. Boy could I have used her a dozen years ago. We would have been a team to contend with. I look forward to see her develop as a player. For sure she will be the star of the team!

Here are some pics of the family enjoying the deck and the beautiful views of the river. Thank you Ang and Penni for a great time and thank you Mother Nature for giving us a few good hours of no rain.






1 comment:

tina said...

what a perfect father's day for
your dad. it is great to see him
so happy.