Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend of Accomplishments

I feel like we had a very productive weekend and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty for crawling onto the couch a little bit early tonight. Yesterday we tackled Phase 2 and 3 of Spring Cleaning. There was such a big gap between Phase 1 and 2 that I pretty much had to also redo Phase 1. I really do love this house, but my God is it hard to clean. Luckily Karlo and I teamed up to tackle the vacuuming of the beams. One of us has to hold the canister vac up in the air while the other climbs up on chairs to reach all the overhead beams. Take my word for it, this job sucks and I'm so thankful that we only do it once per year. It's still too often as far as I'm concerned. I vacuumed and steam cleaned the wood floors while Karlo cleaned the windows. I think he got the short end of the stick considering 90% of the first floor is glass.

Once the house was spic and span we moved on to my next accomplishment of the day. I took my first motorcycle ride of the season (as the driver instead of the passenger). This is a nerve-wracking experience that I always look forward to getting behind me. Once I take my first ride and realize that I do, in fact, remember where all the controls are and get that feeling of comfort on the bike I feel so much better. So check that off my list of things to do.

My next accomplishment was dreadful. I spent 1.5 hours of feverish cooking in preparation for a dinner party. I am very proud of myself as everything came out great, the food was cooking in the oven, and the kitchen was spotless before the guests arrived. What a relief.

Today we accomplished two more big things. We cleaned the dogs room, beds, blankets, and most important . . . the stinky dogs. They are now so soft and cuddley I can't even stand it. If we can only clean their dreadful mouths of that dragon breathe they would be in bed with us tonight.

We snuck in a trip to our old stomping grounds (Nathan Hale Homestead) in Coventry to visit Lisa at the Farmer's Market. What a nice treat it was to see Lisa and get the yummiest kettle corn in the world. And it was very cool to be back to the site of our wedding. That place will always have a special place in my heart.

And lastly, we took our first real bike ride of the season. We rode a little over 40 miles, which is an aggesive first ride and I think we did pretty good. The first and last 10 miles were a bit tough, but the middle 20 were great. Part of me is hungry for more and can't wait to jump back on a bike, but the other part of me is wishing distant biking didn't suck so much darn time out of the weekend. I guess I just can't have my cake and eat it too. Oh well. Over all, considering my allergies improved greatly, I would give this weekend two thumbs up.

1 comment:

tina said...

i would have fallen off my bike at
the sight of that snake!!!