Thursday, June 4, 2009

This is So Hard

Despite how much I love CT, my house, my job, and everything about being 'home,' I am so struggling with my return from vacation. I don't think it took me more than 3 hours to start to feel like CRAP. As I type this I feel exhausted and have a nauseating headache. I don't know which culprit (the dogs, the dusty house, or the pollen) that is doing me in, but the combination of all of them is making me want to repack my bags and get out of this state.

I'm simply amazed at how great life was on vacation. My body seems to really do well with the R&R. In 10 days I didn't experience the slightest headache or stomach ache and anybody that knows me knows that this is amazing. And I was pushing myself to the limits too. For instance, one particular day I had:
  • Multiple beers during the day
  • A Margarita at 5 PM
  • Fillet Mignon for dinner (I haven't consumed a piece of red meat in years)
  • A big glass of red wine with dinner
  • A Sambuca nightcap
  • Followed by real, rich, creamy ice cream before bed
Now any one of those items is normally a death wish for me. I remember crawling into bed thinking, "Uh oh, this is going to be a baaaaaaad night." But strangely, I slept like a baby and woke up feeling terrific. I can't explain it. Well actually, Karlo came up with the theory that my lack of stress must have played a huge role in how I felt. I think he's probably right and add to that the fact that I was eating smaller portions and much slower than I normally do.

So I decided to bring this home with me. I can't seem to control my allergy headaches, but perhaps I can reduce the amount of stomach aches. I am trying my very best to eat as slow as possible. Karlo swore that he would also make an attempt only he ate as fast as possible last night to get back to mowing the grass and tonight he gobbled his food and ran downstairs before I could even tell him that we had dessert. How am I supposed to mend my evil ways when this is what I live with? Uuuugh, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

So let's see... you were on vacation where you relaxed, you ate real, actual meals where food was social and fun, not calories to quickly cram down your throat. You didn't do things you felt you SHOULD do, you only did things you wanted to do. You didn't try to be productive 24 hours a day and you didn't stress about everything. And you drank margaritas.

Oh, it was definitely the margaritas that made you feel great. You should make a pitcher right now.