Monday, June 29, 2009

A Seriously Stressful Sunday

Boy am I happy yesterday is over and done with. I hated just about all of it. Since the weather was pretty crappy (gee, there’s a big surprise) we decided to spend the entire day working on the ‘shack.’ Karlo spent most of Saturday working on one end (the easy end) while I was out enjoying myself. Luckily I did get a little fun over the weekend. CA Sue just happened to be in town for a couple days and I couldn’t miss the chance of getting together. Tina and the girls met me and Sue at the Evergreen Walk and we had such a lovely afternoon. Thank goodness it got me out of more carpentry.


But yesterday I was stuck. I had to help Karlo tackle the difficult side of the shack – the side that stands 25 feet off the ground, on a steep and rocky slope. I was quite sure I would have a heart attack as I watched Karlo on the enormous extension ladder (of course it was raised higher than the manufacturer recommends) as he put up the last pieces of wall and trim. I didn’t take any pictures of this because I was either holding the bottom of the ladder (as IF I could stop a fall) or I was on the ‘staging’ holding up one end of the wood. I was terrified and brought to tears on more than one occasion. All I kept thinking was “stupid shed, why are we doing this?”




I thanked God a million times yesterday for letting Karlo escape severe injury and I am so incredibly relieved that we are almost done with this project. The only thing left is the roofing and that will, no doubt, also leave me paralyzed in fear. Here is a taste of what I’ll be witnessing, praying that Karlo doesn’t slip clear off the roof. Can not wait to be done.

1 comment:

tina said...

holy cow is that thing high off the
ground....KRAZY KARLO!
it was great getting together and
so glad my kids get to see you
wonderful women.