Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday Recap (Part 1)

What a busy weekend it was. Getting up on Sunday morning was a challenge. I was exhausted, my throat was sore, and my head was pounding from the two beers I drank. I was tempted to sleep in . . .

But instead we got up and got busy with projects around the house. The most interesting project was shaving Bentley. My poor shivering, bald, albino dog. Check this out:






He did take this whole scene surprisingly well. I just couldn’t imagine what a shaved greyhound would look like. Would he still have his tiger stripes? Luckily he does and he doesn’t look quite as funny as I thought he would. Although Peanut would probably disagree. Nothing was funnier than watching her reaction to seeing the bald Bentley for the first time. She ever so cautiously approached him, completely convinced that he was a different dog. “Who is that?” she must have been thinking. She tip toed over to him and sniffed every piece of him for five straight minutes. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him and still was not convinced it was Bentley.

Karlo and I managed to squeak in a topless Jeep ride (the keep was topless, not us) and a kayak excursion without getting rained on. It was a risky maneuver with those threatening clouds looming all day long. We really lucked out on the lake and the sun actually shone for a while. However, I am still kicking myself for the lesson I apparently have still not learned. Once again I didn’t bring my camera and once again it was the most incredible ride. I figured it was cloudy and gloomy, what would I take a picture of? Idiot. The water was dead still and the reflections were mesmerizing. Did I mention that this week’s photo blog theme was Reflections? Uuuugh. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, there were several cranes out hunting and they were simply taunting me. We must have had at least 6 or 7 fly-bys, about 15 feet in front of the boat. These birds were majestic in their flights. And oh, you can only imagine the cool reflections of the birds on the calm water. KICKING MYSELF!

After our kayak trip we came home and I slaved planting my new garden. Here it is:


Stay tuned for Sunday Part II. Can’t post that part without the back up photos . . .

2 comments:

tina said...

what are you shaving him for and
not peanut? does his gray hair
show too much like a certain other
person you know???

Unknown said...

LOL What a riot. Bentley is shedding out of control this Spring where Peanut barely sheds at all. They have completely different types of coats. Good to know for future greyhound shopping. Must get another like Peanut! I need Bentley's personality and smarts with Peanut's good looks and coat type. Too bad you can't just order a dog to your specs (like a computer or a car). Now that would be ideal.