Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How I Love My Job - Let Me Count the Ways

OK, truth be told, I'm over-worked and over-stressed these days. But with that said, I still love my job. Take today for example . . .

In the morning I strolled down to (one of the many) beautiful fully-applianced kitchens for breakfast. I have my own dry cereal in my office, but the company is nice enough to provide plenty of organic milk. How nice to always have fresh milk at my disposal. I ate my yummy cereal and then pondered which flavor tea I would have today. Or wait, maybe I should have some organic cocoa instead. I just love how the non-coffee drinkers are not left out in the cold.

After lunch I got my usual hungry slump and to my surprise I found some popcorn in our popcorn machine. We even have little paper bags, just like at the movies. What a fun mid-day treat.

But wait, it gets much better. When leaving the kitchen I happen to stroll through the shipping room where I found a big box addressed to me . . . from B&H Photo. Now that I have Lisa, Jamie, and Michelle's attention . . . Look at what the company bought for me:

I am in pure heaven. I got the brand new Nikon D5000 with the lens I've been drooling over since Christmas; the Tamron 90mm macro. Conveniently enough it is compatible with my D60. Good planning, I know ;-) I also got a Nikon 18-105mm VR lens that I already love. I am very much looking forward to getting to know this baby. So much to do and so darn little time.

No comments: