Monday, June 22, 2009

A Quick Fix

Somehow, in between the rain showers, Karlo and I managed to squeak in a couple dry kayak rides over the past week. After learning my lesson over and over regarding the camera, or lack there of, this last time I decided to bring my camera (despite the gray skies and threatening clouds). This time I would be ready for whatever action we encountered on the lake. There would be no more missed opportunities, no more perfect pictures that could have been.

We paddled out and I was eager to see what would happen. I had my camera around my neck and turned on. Bring it on . . . I'm ready. And guess what happened?

.

.

.

Absolutely nothing! The winds were strong so reflection pictures were out of the question. There were no birds to be found, no interesting clouds, not one darn thing. I guess bringing my camera is the best way to ensure a boring ride. So we paddled over to the spot that made me cry on a previous trip . . . the spot where we gawked in awe at the bald eagle. Do you remember my description of the perfect perch? Well here it is:


Can't you just picture the beautiful eagle on that perfect bald branch? No? You can't picture it? Here maybe this will help.

There. I feel much better now. Photoshop saved the day. That is pretty much the exact scene that I missed that day. So let's just pretend I took that picture, OK? Nobody really needs to know the truth.

No comments: