Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Egg Scare

Lisa left a comment on my last posting saying that she’s proud of me for my adventurous cooking. I’m glad somebody can appreciate it because I was, indeed, proud of myself. With the recent egg scare, Karlo and I are really in trouble. Eggs are our fall back, fail safe dinner solution more nights than we care to admit. But now Karlo is insisting that we shouldn’t have eggs. Lord knows we don’t want to get sick with bad eggs. And how can you trust that the egg police know all the ones that should be recalled?

That led me to look back at this photo and marvel at the difference in eggs. Which egg stands out from the others? Which egg is more likely to be tainted? Which ones look fresher?


Isn’t it amazing the difference in color between a fresh egg (orange) that was pulled from the chicken’s rear end days ago from a local farm (actually from our friend’s back yard) and the eggs that were bought in a grocery store (yellow)? I never realized how different they were, both in looks and in taste. It’s times like these that I wish we had some chickens running around the back yard. But I suppose having the chicken’s running around our friends' back yard will have to do. We can’t possibly survive two weeks without any eggs!

No comments: