Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Weekend of Nothing

I can't believe how much fun nothing can be. We had no plans this weekend and those weekends always make me feel lighter on my feet. It seems the slightest commitment weighs so heavy on my shoulders. I just love feeling like a drifter, going wherever the wind takes me. And this weekend I just let the wind blow me around.

Our most significant accomplishment on Saturday was taking a new bike ride. We rode a route that I mapped out last month. We have been test driving it on the motorcycles to make sure we got it down before venturing out on our bikes. We are getting smarter in our old age. More details about that ride coming soon.

In addition to our bicycle ride we also took the dogs for a nice hike and went for a motorcycle ride, with a destination of ice cream. God I love those rides. Yum. No work and all the pay off. Oh and we added some cheer to my day by hanging up the fish I bought in Mystic a few weeks ago. Finally, some color on our porch wall. And more fish I can't kill.


One funny story that came from this weekend was me complaining to Karlo that he needs to train Cooper not to bite my hand off when I'm giving him a treat. It really bugs me how rough he is. Peanut is a perfect little polite princess, gingerly taking any treat out of my hands, while Cooper tries to swallow my entire hand. Karlo just had to laugh at the mere thought of it and says, "I never thought the day would come when I have to give somebody lessons on being gentle." We both got a good laugh out of that irony. I knew it was a hopeless case that Karlo teaches anybody to be gentle. Looks like I'm on my own with Cooper training.

Today the weather turned out to be just as nice as yesterday. It was two picture perfect days as far as I was concerned. I did a lot of lounging around on the deck and it was just superb. In the afternoon we went kayaking and then came back for more lounging - this time with a glass of wine in my hand. I am happy to report that my eye did not twitch even once all day. I wish I could drag this day out forever . . .

1 comment:

tina said...

we had a weekend of nothing too and it was a nice change of pace.