Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Theory Just Gets Stronger

Last night really reinforced my theory that God had a flawed life design. It’s bad enough that we humans can’t go outside and enjoy recreational activities without the constant annoyance of bugs buzzing, but when these stinkin’ little things take away our basic human needs, there is a serious problem!

Last night I laid in bed and simply marveled at the fact that a minuscule little creature could completely ruin our night. One single dreaded stray mosquito found its way to our bedroom and proceeded to buzz by our heads all night. That dammed thing has about a million square inches of air space to fly around in inside our house, but yet it needed to spend most of the night within one foot of our heads. I drew the sheet up over my ears, trying not to suffocate while Karlo swatted around aimlessly slapping everything in sight. He turned the lights on and off so many times my eyeballs may never recover from the shocks. Never did catch that freakin’ thing.

Not that it mattered anyway. In one single night we had a breech in our security system that caused a loud series of beeps to our bedroom. That sure does get the heart pounding in the middle of the night. Then, while we laid there for hours trying to ignore the mosquito, the stupid driveway alarm chimes went off, followed an hour later by the dogs barking at each other. What a disaster of a night. We both got no more than 4 hours of sleep and are now completely exhausted, partially due to a tiny little BUG. I need to have a word with God about this problem.

Footnote: As I laid in bed, sleepless for hours on end, the Bestie Boys song "No Sleep to Brooklyn" played endlessly in my head.

3 comments:

michelled said...

Sure was one hungry $%^^&!@ mosquito. I feel your pain!! Did either of you end up with bites?

tina said...

Karlo couldn't get the insect...

Unknown said...

Luckily I was completely covered with the sheet so no bites on me. I lost much more sleep than blood.