Monday, August 23, 2010

The Perfect Saturday

This past Saturday was the third gallery opening and it was the best one yet. We had a steady stream of visitors all day and it seems that they all overlapped at the same time in the middle of the day. It was busy for sure and I’m happy to report that I made lots of sales too. In addition to the gallery doing well, I had a ball visiting with the friends that came. My only regret is that it seems I never have enough time to really visit with everyone. I wish I could have stopped the clock or made everyone come at different times so I could spend more time with each. But luckily I had my gallery assistant helping to entertain visitors.

Early in the day I did get some quality time with Tina and her kids. That was so nice. Karlo took his first willing victim “G” (see, I paid attention to the Nicknames) for a ATV ride while the rest of us girls battled it out with ladder ball. Next it was T’s turn on the ATV. We’ll call this terribly burry photo “Flying T.” They were going to fast to capture with my point and shoot.


Apparently T had so much fun she wanted to go for a second ride. I have no idea how she managed to still be smiling and hugging Karlo at the end. I’m pretty sure I didn’t speak to him for the rest of the day after my last ATV ride. Only Penni may be able to relate to that statement.


One huge relief was having ‘Auntie Jean’ visit us and see how our dog’s really live. Karlo and I have been stressing over this for quite some time. When you adopt a greyhound you have to swear on the Holy Bible and sign documents promising that you will NEVER let them off a leash. I sort of had my fingers crossed behind my back when I signed those forms because I think it’s BS. We have proved three times now that greyhounds are no different than other dogs and they can be trained to be off a leash just like any other dog. When I see them bouncing and playing around the yard freely, having a ball it gives me such joy. I so wanted ‘Auntie Jean' (Peanut’s foster mom and all around greyhound ambassador) to see it too. After the initial shock of it all she was fine with it. So now the secret is finally out of the bag and she didn't have a heart attack when witnessing something as shocking as this: (very bad pic of Cooper chasing the ATV)

I couldn’t have asked for a better day. Thanks to all who came out.

3 comments:

tina said...

we had a great time and i hope to come out again on a non-gallery day too. you sure did have alot of new customers and so glad for you. i'm sure they will spread the word about your great gallery and send more customers out your way. we love all the items you make.thanks so much to karlo too!! BTW, how was your cold turkey burger?? :)

Unknown said...

Oh, that's another thing I forgot to say. Karlo was all proud to tell me how much he learned by you cooking the burgers. He really paid close attention so I'm hoping he improves in the future. Thanks so much for cooking them T! And how come you didn't remind me of the brownies sitting on the counter? I slaved in the kitchen and all for nothing :-( so sad. We even had left over turkey burgers yesterday afternoon so your cooking went a long way!

Penni said...

All I have to say is... I see there is now a "basket" behind the passenger. I wouldn't have "fallen off" if that was there on my ride. I MIGHT ( small might) try it again but I definetly learned to hold on TIGHT!