Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Lesson to be Learned

Do you remember back to when I just HAD to have one of those fancy new iPads? It was simply killing me that I didn't get one the second they came out. I would look longingly at anyone who had one and I it took all the will power I had to NOT buy one. Somehow I let my logic take over, and when I really thought about it, I decided to first get a Droid phone and then wait to see what the Google alternative would be to the iPad. That sufficiently cooled my jets on the iPad.

Now I finally have my beloved Droid phone and guess what? The thrill of having an iPad is just so yesterday. The truth is that I've had one (sitting in my office in a box) for over a week. I never mentioned it because I never even took the time to open it. Hard to imagine, I know. But on Friday I finally opened the darn package and I had the thing at home all weekend. See, here's proof:

And I am just so underwhelmed. And sooooo proud of myself for not buying one months ago. So now I have a 'company-issue ipad.' Yeah, I guess that is yet another 'work perk' to add to my work perks list. I can do what I want with it and take it home whenever I so desire, but I'm trying to figure out why I would want to. So far it's caused more frustration than pleasure (living up to my Apply expectations of lock-down control infringing on my every desire) and I don't see me buying one any time soon. $500 saved.

I think I learned a valuable lesson here to force myself into a waiting period every time I get the burning desire to buy something unnecessary. Too bad I learned this lesson after my latest car purchase. But better late than never. Let's see how useful this lesson is in the future.

2 comments:

tina said...

I just got an ipod touch and have not desire to even turn it on.

tina said...

oops!!