Monday, August 16, 2010

Party Weekend

This weekend Karlo got overwhelmed by our social calendar. He simply couldn’t process three events in three days. Granted that is much more ‘getting out’ than we are used to. And to think I never snapped one singe picture. Shame on me. So let me give you some pictures in words. You will have to use your imagination a bit.

[First picture goes here]
The Little Big Band playing on the lawn of the lovely Roseland Cottage in Woodstock. A handful of couples (NOT including Karlo and I) swing dancing on the grass. Yeah, I know . . . why do we bother with all of our dance lessons when we never actually dance? In my defense there was no way I was getting up in front of all those people and dancing with motorcycle boots on! But the picture was lovely, no?

[Next picture goes here]
Various folks sitting by a bonfire at dusk, drinking beer, and listening to live music at a party in Union. Karlo and I felt slightly out of place at this event, given that Karlo could have been the father of most of the party-goers. But that didn’t spoil our good time. I was just happy to be near the fire. Karlo was just happy to be gobbling down brownies ;-) If nothing else, it inspired me to pick up my bass last night.

[Next picture goes here]
An enormous pig, with a cherry for an eye and a big apple in its mouth, being smoked on a mobile BBQ. This was actually quite the scene and I really should have gotten my camera out for it. Not something you see every day. Yesterday we went to a pig roast welcome home party for a friend’s son who just came back from Afghanistan.

[Last picture here]
Another one that I really wish I took. My ladder ball partner standing by the game with the game balls wrapped around his head, hanging over his ears like huge earrings. That was too cute. I’m officially addicted to ladder ball and must get the game before Saturday!

1 comment:

tina said...

ladder ball is the best. i told you about it back when you wrote about putting in your horseshoe pit