Sunday, August 29, 2010

In Search of Fun

As the last weeks of summer are slipping away I'm starting to feel this panic that we didn't do enough. I don't want the summer to end and Lord knows I want to make the most of what little summer time we have left. I would say we did a good job this weekend at packing in the fun. Don't forget this year was supposed to be all about finding and having fun . . .

Friday night we went to a dinner party and two important things happened there. Karlo and I got inspired to both run and cook. Two things that I would normally otherwise hate doing, but strangely I couldn't wait to try both. And we did this weekend. Not only did we have the best run of our lives after our 10 minute running lecture, but we also cooked up some mean Hungarian Goulash. yum yum. We need to hang with these inspiring friends more often.

Saturday was all about playing . . . playing on our bikes, playing in the woods, playing on the deck, playing music. OK, maybe we didn't actually play the music, but we went to UCONN to watch my nephew play in the marching band. What a hoot that was. First of all, just being on campus is a thrill for me. But watching John play in the enormous band and hearing the Husky fight song. God I loved it. I still have the "Connecticut Uuuuuu Conn Huskies" song in my head.

Sunday started off very leisurely. We had no plans and a nice visit from friends. That forced us to lounge around on the porch and relax. That was so nice. Before we knew it it was lunch time and one minute we were eating sandwiches on the deck and the next minute we were on our motorcycles heading South, in search of fun . . .


And we found it. We drove down to Watch Hill, RI. We wanted to watch some waves on the ocean. We totally lucked out with parking. Of course it helps when you're on two wheels. First stop was the gelato shop. Second stop was waddling in the water.

My darn feet were so hot in my motorcycle boots I thought they would explode. I tried and tried to convince Karlo to take his boots off, but he was being stubborn (big surprise, I know).

But look how's he carrying mine for me. Such a nice guy. By some miracle I finally got him to agree to waddling in the water with me.

We walked and walked along the beach and it was great. We didn't want to go home. The beach was so beautiful.

And thank God our boots were right were we left them when we got back. I never would have heard the end of that one!

The traffic driving back home was Hell, but I got a lot of practice at driving at such slow speeds the bike wants to tip over. And I strengthened my gripping muscles in my left hand by 300%. It was all worth it because we had some much appreciated FUN :-)

To see a few more pics from the day please click here.

No comments: