Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's Next?

After years of nearly ripping apart my eardrums with my constant itching I finally broke down and went to see a doctor today. I truly can't believe that it's taken me this long. The constant annoyance of the intensely itchy ears is sometimes more than I can bare. I wake up every single night from a deep sleep in order to itch them. I go at it with such fury that I wake Karlo up, who in turn punches me to get to me stop. It's the same old story every day. Karlo has threatened to put me in a straight jacket. You should see me trying to drive my motorcycle while trying to reach under my helmet to get at my ears. It's a dangerous situation. Why I waited this long I'll never know.

So I went to see the doc in hopes of getting the magical ointment that makes the itching stop. As it turns out the itching is caused from an allergy. Great. That is just what I need–yet another annoying allergy. I'm already allergic to just about everything that grows outdoors. Oh and then there's my dogs and dust. What's left?

Yeast. That is what's left and it's in EVERYTHING that I consume. The doctor started off by saying, "The good news is that you haven't really damaged your eardrums. The bad news is . . . " The minute he launched into the bad news portion and started to list 'bread, cheese . . . " I stopped him right there and said, "Please tell me that you have a pill that will allow to me to continue to eat what I want and not rip my ears off." I mean come on, how on Earth can one (an Italian bread and cheese loving one) give up yeast?

So we'll see if my miracle drops work. It's time to stick them in my ears now so I better get to it. I wonder what my next allergy will be . . . perhaps I'll be informed next year that I'm allergic to water. Or maybe air for heaven's sake. Life is not getting easier as I get older, that is for sure.

1 comment:

tina said...

i really hope those drops work for you. i hope to not get allergies when i get as old as you...hahaha