Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Can't Believe I Forgot

I was very excited about our latest home improvement project and I got so wrapped up in other stories, I completely forgot to show it off. This project is my coworker Gary's fault. Most things in my life are "Gary's fault." This has become a never ending joke between Karlo and I. No matter what goes wrong, we blame Gary. And if me spending money is involved, then it's definitely GARY'S FAULT.

One day Gary had a bunch of tin ceiling tile samples in his office. I never dreamed I would want any tin ceiling tiles, but then again, Gary is a good salesman and is responsible for me buying all kinds of things I didn't need. But, back to the tiles. It never occurred to me to use ceiling tiles as a counter back splash. I was dying to add some color to our kitchen and had been searching for the perfect glass tiles for months. I hemmed and hawed trying to pick the perfect color. Of course all of my favorites were outrageously expensive so I have been holding off. Now suddenly I had a whole new option . . .

And I think I love it. It was cheaper than glass tiles and much easier to install. What do you think?

Here's the before:


And here's the after:


3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Lovely! So much warmer than stark white.

Anonymous said...

love it...cant wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! What did you do over the sink?