Monday, December 24, 2007

This Really Touched Me

Today was the first time that I went snooping under the tree. Karlo always accuses me of this crime, but the truth is that I NEVER snoop. I wouldn't want to ruin a surprise. I love the thrill of opening gifts and why on earth would I want to ruin that by trying to find the gifts before they are wrapped? As a matter of fact, I don't even pick them up, squish, shake or sniff them once they are under the tree. But this morning I was aimlessly standing in front of our tree. I just watched a program on TV about these lavishly decorated themed trees and my pathetic tree just paled in comparison. I was standing there dreaming about what sort of tree I would have if money was no object and I could have anything I wanted. I truly couldn't decide. I stared at our various ornaments, my favorites being a few tandem bikes and of course my dozens upon dozens of Snoopy ornaments and they all made me smile. That's when it hit me that I do like my pathetic little tree. I've seen some really gorgeous and lavish trees, but those aren't me. I would rather have a few silly ornaments that reflect me.

Then my eyes wandered down beneath the tree. I noticed quite a few presents that I didn't recognize. Where these all for me? That's when I discovered that every one of these presents had the most adorable Snoopy stickers on them. It so touched me that Karlo went out of his way to buy Snoopy stickers and adorn all my packages with them. At this point it didn't even matter what was inside the package. I am just so thrilled to see all the Snoopys. That is it. It's settled. We are keeping our childish Snoopy Christmas tree. That is what makes me happy and I don't want to grow up!

Thank you Karlo! You made me realize that I shouldn't be pressured into trying to be somebody that I'm not. I'm happy being me and I'm happy with our silly little tree.



1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aww.. that was sweet.