Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Report

The days are flying and I can’t believe how fast Christmas came and went. We had a great holiday. The highlight was watching the dogs. Christmas really is all about the kids and our “kids” had a ball. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun on Christmas morning. I think it was a combination of the hounds being extra spunky, getting totally spoiled by their “Auntie Jean,” and a present that I bought for Karlo, which turned out to be the funniest dog toy ever.

After the dogs ripped through their gifts . . .



We opened our gifts. My showcase gift was a riot. I’m not sure if you remember the picture below from one of my “weekend in photos.” This Fall we went for a motorcycle ride and had lunch at a cool little outdoor café. They had these tire swings that looked like horses. I went nuts and had to swing on them. I didn’t want to get off. Well, Karlo tracked one down and now I have my very own rubber horse. I know you are all jealous so you can come and ride him any time!

Of all the gifts that I got Karlo, his favorite was a little toy helicopter. I guess Christmas really does bring out the kids in all of us. I knew it would be amusing watching Karlo try to figure out how to fly this thing in the house. But what I didn’t know was how funny the dogs’ reaction would be. I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. At first they were very interested in this object that magically floated in the air. Bentley got up and went over to investigate. He sniffed it as it hovered, but then suddenly the helicopter started to fly underneath him. The look on his face was priceless as he sprung straight up with all four legs to get out of the path of this mystery flying object.

That was enough for Bentley. He high tailed it back over to the safety of his bed. But he wasn’t really safe there. Karlo had to torment them a bit more. This went on for 20 minutes. And both dogs had their ears up, their eyes wide open, and kept a close track on every movement the helicopter made. I can see months more entertainment coming from that little gift.



1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Puppies! I so miss your pups. And you and Karlo, too, OF COURSE. I can't wait to visit again and swing on your swing and have a little helicopter race - Luke and I got a pair of those little guys at the Bug E this year.