Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Snow Day

I've been waiting for a good reason to show off this adorable little snowman. Isn't it the cutest? Lisa makes these adorable little fellows. She has the patience of a saint. Karlo and I recently visited Luke and Lisa and when I saw her entire snowman family, my heart sank because I never unpacked the one she gave me last year. Since I didn't put it away with all of my Christmas decorations, it was still hanging out in our family room in March (when we had to pack). Now where would I pack that little guy? I hadn't a clue. Then last week Karlo accidentally found it in the basement. He knew I was searching for it so he just brought it upstairs and sat it on the counter without saying a word. What a wonderful surprise to find him there. Made my day. So now maybe he will make your day as well.

And what better day to post him? We left work before noon today for our first, challenging, snowy commute. We decided that it's best if I drive, seeing my car makes more sense in the snow, Karlo is a terrible driver, and he knew he would never hear the end of it if he cracked up my (still) new Saab. I have to report that my car is great in the snow and I did a fine job driving on the not-even-close-to-being-plowed roads. We could just as easily have taken a sleigh from the highway to our house. But is was beautiful. We even snapped some photos - mostly as proof to my manager that we have a tough commute that justifies leaving early.


I hope everybody enjoys our first real snowfall. Or is it? Maybe we missed some snow while we were away. This is OUR first snowfall anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the snowman, lisa. maybe
you two can sell some of your items
while we are at paula's house in
jan.