Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Santa Arrived Today

And he was dressed in brown. He brought two elaborately packaged gifts to our door this afternoon. I don't think I ever put so much effort into wrapping a package, with such a pretty ribbon . . . for a human! But here I have two gorgeous packages, all decorated for Christmas, hand-delivered by the friendly UPS man, and they were sent especially for my DOGS! This is unreal. How spoiled can they be?

Peanut went from the rescue kennel to the foster home of a wonderful woman named Jean. I know she reads this blog (despite the fact that she never comments). I assume Jean has taken in many many greyhounds as fosters. Every time we speak, she tells me of her new foster. With all these dogs in her life (did I mention she owns about a dozen of her own?) she never forgets her little Peanut at the holidays. She even sends Halloween gifts. That right, HALLOWEEN gifts. Have you ever heard of such a thing? And not only does she send gifts to Peanut, but she wouldn't want Bentley feeling left out. He gets one too. I have to wonder . . . is Peanut special or does she send gifts to all of her previous fosters?


Jean, I can't thank you enough for spoiling our hounds. Your generosity is indescribable. I am just speechless at what more I can say.

If anyone is curious to see Jean's dogs . . . she breeds whippets - smaller, cuter versions of a greyhound. Check out some pictures on her website here: http://www.valleypointwhippets.com/photos.html

And Lisa, be careful . . . don't go clicking on that "Puppy" page. Could be VERY dangerous! I'm warning you!!!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

OMG, I clicked "Puppies". I know you told me not to, but I couldn't resist. They're so cute it hurts! Will Jean wrap one up and send it to me?? Please???