Sunday, December 9, 2007

We're Back

I wish I could say the same about my luggage. Apparently my bag was smarter than us and opted to extend her stay in the warm climate. Not quite sure if she’s in Charlotte or Orlando, but either way, it beats the weather here. How depressing to fly home to this dreary weather after one solid week of perfect sunshine and 80 degree temps.

However, with that said, I am happy to be back - even if it’s back to cold and cloudy weather. As always, the show was long and hard. Karlo and I worked our tails off, but we also had a good time eating nice dinners together and strolling around in December without mittens on. At least this show is the most interesting of all the shows we do. This was a trade show for the professional racers of the world. And by racers, I mean any sort of vehicle that goes really fast. You name it: cars, motorcycles, quads, boats. If it has an engine and you can race it, it was at this show. This was much more interesting than the usual exhibits at a machine tool manufacturing show!

Here’s a little recap of the week in photos:


I had to go all the way to Florida to see Santa's reindeer! This was the highlight of my day. The whole team was there.


The first night was a Mexican dinner outdoors. Fun, fun.


The next night was a romantic dinner at an Asian restaurant.


We got to spend some time strolling in the sun and shopping. Oh, and meeting cool reindeer.


And this is where all the work took place. That's the huge Orlando Convention Center behind me. Well actually, that is half of the convention center!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back...hope your luggage
gets home safely and not too
damaged...thanks for sharing some
pictures of bright blue skies and
short sleeves.

lgaumond said...

WELCOME HOME!