Friday, September 28, 2007

Grumpy Day


Maybe I shouldn’t blog today. I don’t have any funny stories and nothing good to say. Sigh. Yesterday I had a sore throat and a headache and, of course, today I have the full cold. Yuck. And what great timing. I have to leave this weekend for a business trip. Drat.

Next week I’ll be in Charlotte, NC for a trade show. I was supposed to leave this afternoon, but after much agony trying to make a decision, I finally decided to put myself through all kinds of work stress next Monday in order to have two extra days at home with Karlo. It’s just not fair that work takes away two weekends in a row from us! Hmmmm, maybe it was all the stress that caused the cold. So now during my glorious extra weekend time with Karlo, all I’ll want to do is lay on the couch. This just isn’t fair.

After the trade show, I have to fly down to Nashville, TN for a day. I think my nephew will be interested in where I’m going . . . . I’m spending the day at the Gibson guitar factory. They use Mastercam to make their guitars and they agreed to let us do a story on them. We will be interviewing and filming them all day. I hope to get a factory tour too. Maybe they will let me snap some pics. Stay tuned.

Sorry for the incredibly boring post today. I’ll try to blog from the road, but I’m not sure how much internet access I’ll get.

Toodles

5 comments:

lgaumond said...

You need more puppy pictures. Here: http://dailypuppy.com/

Jamie said...

the heck with your nephew - your COUSIN is interested in your trip to TN!!!

here's my shopping list:
1) Gibson Trini Lopez (see picture)
http://www.guitarworld.com/sites/future.p2technology.com/files/imce-images/news-grohl335.jpg
don't know how to play it, but I want it...
2) Gibson Ripper Bass
3) Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass
4) Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass
5) Epiphone Jack Casady Signature Bass
6) GIBSON LES PAUL MONEY BASS

these are in no particular order :)

heck, if you could hook me up with a contact down there for my Totally Wild About Music site, I'd be eternally grateful!

Who's your fav cuz???

Unknown said...

Gee, I have a greedy cousin. 6 instruments?? That seems like a lot to carry back. And I might want to keep a bass for myself. I'm getting itchy to relearn. Maybe we can bater . . . a Gibson contact for some free bass lessons! I'll do my best cuz.

Anonymous said...

What does he mean "The Heck with your nephew" ???? Doesn't he know nephews are way more important than cousins? I am your brother's SON and your father's NAME SAKE!! And I only want 3 things for me.... not nearly as greedy (sorry cousin Jamie) Here is my wish list.....
1. A Thunderbird Bass
2. The New Powertune Les Paul (self tuning guitar)
3. ES 339 -Guitar

Oh Yea and a Pink S.G. Bass for Nicole and a '59 Les paul VAS for Dad.
That should give you plenty of gifts for my birthday and Christmas this year ( just kidding ) Have fun and take lots of pictures if you can to show me.

Jamie said...

LOL - now, now John don't take it personally!

The only think I have over you is that I've known Paula for nearly 40 years :).

You have a pretty cool bass in the Coronado (sp?).. I just want to add a few to my collection (the EB-650 would be a nice addition to the Fender you have).

How's the band doing?