Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Little Bit of Tuscany in Tolland


Last week I went for a walk at lunchtime and brought my camera. I usually don’t even notice the beautiful grounds here at work. I walk along the adorable brook, by the wooden bridge and gazebo, and across the field near the beautifully restored old barn every day, without really taking a second glance. I forget the days when I worked in an ugly industrial building near the projects in Hartford. I really should stop taking this place for granted and start enjoying all that it offers.

This Spring I noticed that a huge section of field was newly cultivated and I wondered why. Then a couple of months later the sunflowers started to appear. We now have an enormous ring of sunflowers welcoming us as we enter the driveway. Nothing makes me think of Tuscany more than sunflowers. They are my favorite flower. I wish they could last all year. Check out this picture I took. Can you find the little lady bug on the flower? (click on the photo to enlarge it!)



And here's the restored barn:

I'm looking forward to my lunchtime walk today!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

hey cuz, not to be a stickler... Tolland is spelled with two l's not three... unless you mean TollLand, then you're talking about Massachusettes! :)

Unknown said...

what can I say, my eyes are going!

Jamie said...

that's okay, I'll cut you some slack, after all you're rounding the corner on 40 ;)

Unknown said...

shhhhhhhh! You suck.