Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My First Night Alone At Home

Last night was my first night all alone in Eastford. Karlo is in PA for a couple of days and this is a good warm up for his upcoming 7 day trip to Germany. For the first time in 10 years I was concerned about having all the doors locked. We never locked our doors in Andover and I was never afraid of being alone. So why is it different now? I'm not sure. I don't know if I'm afraid of critters in the woods, physchos that might find me alone, or maybe I'm just concerned that something will go wrong with the house . . the house that overwhelms me because it's so foreign to me. I just felt more comfortable in Andover. I knew every square inch of that house. I built that house and was intimately familiar with it. But now I feel lost. Karlo left his sword by our bed, but what good is that? I can barely pick the thing up. Can you see me tangling with a bear using Karlo's sword? There's a picture for you.

And on my very first night alone, I set a meeting with a complete stranger that I met on Craig's List. What was I thinking? Well, I wasn't thinking. I completely forgot that Karlo would be away. It reminded me of the time that Lisa sold something on Craig's List and Luke was not home when the buyers wanted to come over. Lisa called me in as her security back up. As it turned out the people were completely normal, nice, and friendly. I figured if Lisa considered me security, than I would be OK on my own!

And I was. The guy showed up at the door and he instantly reminded me of an old friend. (Sue, he could have been Wes's brother). He was very normal and friendly and get this . . . He's building a house right down our street! What were the chances of that? So this means that I just met and made friends with another neighbor. Sue, are you even more impressed now?

I now have a signed contract for the rental of our "boat/snake house." (only Lisa will get that part) and I'm thrilled that we will have that little bit of extra income every month. Yeah!! You gotta love Craig's List. I have to go figure out what else to list and sell . . .

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Yay for you! So is he storing his snakes there?

Jamie said...

Cuz, You wouldn't have liked this to happen last night it freaked me out big time!