Friday, September 21, 2007

My First Homework Assignment

Does anybody remember the fact that I have a (not so) secrect desire to write a book? Well, I signed up for an online writing class and I just completed my first assignment. Since I have nothing else to talk about today (yes, shocking . . . I know) I decided to share it with you.

The assignment told me to find an object around the house that has some sort of meaning to me and sit quietly and observe it for five minutes. For me to sit still and do basically nothing for 5 whole minutes was torture. But I did it. I sat and thought . . .

Then I had to sit and write for another 5 minutes. Funny, the first 5 minutes was endless and the next 5 minutes flew by. I had so much more that I could have said. Well anyway, here's what I came up with:

When I look at my engagement ring so many memories flood my mind. I remember walking through the “diamond district” in NYC looking at all the sparkly rings. The hunt for the perfect ring was such an exciting adventure. I already found the perfect guy. Now I needed the perfect symbol of our never ending love.

I will never forget the day my husband purposed to me. I remember what he was wearing. I remember what I was wearing. I remember how nervous he was and the words he used. I knew that he was going to propose at some point, I just didn’t know when. And boy did he catch me by surprise. I remember the way my heart pounded through my chest and the feeling that my entire life changed in that instant.

With every passing year, more and more memories will be added to the never ending story of our relationship. This ring will always be the most special thing I own. It represents all the memories that I have made with my husband to date, and all the future years we still have yet to experience together.

This ring was a start of a wild adventure, one that I’m so happy I took and one that I never want to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are making it more difficult to be so far away from you.